NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Weston Mills Pond - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-15-2014, 04:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Weston Mills Pond

I was on the way home from a job and was riding down Ryders Lane. Saw the pond and stopped by. Only had a couple minutes so I could not stay long. threw a few casts and had a swirl on the frog. Anyone fish here often? Want to take the kayak there.

I did google it and saw that your common fish are there. Only thing is, one site says there are Muskie there and another says there are Pike. I will say that I did see a personal first and that was a squirrel swimming across the pond by the overpass. was hoping to see something swallow it but I made it across successfully

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Weston Mills Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfire View Post
I was on the way home from a job and was riding down Ryders Lane. Saw the pond and stopped by. Only had a couple minutes so I could not stay long. threw a few casts and had a swirl on the frog. Anyone fish here often? Want to take the kayak there.

I did google it and saw that your common fish are there. Only thing is, one site says there are Muskie there and another says there are Pike. I will say that I did see a personal first and that was a squirrel swimming across the pond by the overpass. was hoping to see something swallow it but I made it across successfully

Any advice is appreciated.
Pickerel - Yes
Pike - Yes ( but just Farrington they are close to impossible to catch)
Muskie - I doubt it.

And your usual: sunnies, crappies and small and large mouth. Also I heard that there should be some bullheads as well.

Andre
Old 10-15-2014, 07:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ain't no smallies in those stretches of water. I'd be extremely interested in seeing a pic that proves otherwise... Not the typical smallie topography as that entire stretch from d mill pond down to Weston mill is rather shallow. Just largies... And yellow and white perch and the others mentioned. I'm hesitant to believe Muskie are in there, but ya never know. One could've been missed by the hatchery people and stocked with the pike fingerlings.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yea prob not a small mouth more like dingy k colored largie i refer to themas grass bass
Old 10-15-2014, 09:57 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I live right around the corner from there. It's great for yaks. Lake is great for pickerel, ok lgmouth, bluegills, crappie, perch, cats, n maybe if there still alive or haven't gone over the dam and into the raritan, a tiger muskie. They were stocked from 1990-1995. Here's the link: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/wwfshstk.htm
Pike would have to come from Farrington, which means it went over the huge dam at the end of Farrington, then through Milltown and over a another dam..Don't think it would survive the fall from the first dam.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I've fished it a few times. If you catch a pike out of there it would be the first I've heard of.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD Bassman View Post
I live right around the corner from there. It's great for yaks. Lake is great for pickerel, ok lgmouth, bluegills, crappie, perch, cats, n maybe if there still alive or haven't gone over the dam and into the raritan, a tiger muskie. They were stocked from 1990-1995. Here's the link: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/wwfshstk.htm
Pike would have to come from Farrington, which means it went over the huge dam at the end of Farrington, then through Milltown and over a another dam..Don't think it would survive the fall from the first dam.
Awesome link! Thanks!

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 10-16-2014, 11:52 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks everyone. I did find that link as well.

Looks like I will just stick with the d&r canal. Same variety of fish and a heck of alot closer to home since I live across the street!
Old 10-18-2014, 06:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmatt View Post
I've fished it a few times. If you catch a pike out of there it would be the first I've heard of.
DITTO
Not a bad place in the early spring. I have done well there with LMB and pickerel. Place seems to get choked with weeds by summer and difficult to launch a boat with a TM, but a kayak should be fine.