NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

FISHERMEN/SATURDAYS FLUKE FISHING - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 06-22-2024, 03:34 PM
Site Sponsor

Default FISHERMEN/SATURDAYS FLUKE FISHING

FISHERMEN/SATURDAYS FLUKE FISHING

Slow start to the day today.....

Looked over a bunch of drops trying to find a decent bite. Deeper water didn't produce with the cold water only a couple ling. Worked back inshore and finally found some life. Had nice action on smaller fish with a few 3 to 4.9 pound fish in the mix.

The 4.9 fluke took the daily pool and is the New Monthly Big fish leader taking over from Patrick B. Basket who had a 4.4 pounder the middle of the week. Back at it in the AM.

Sailing Everyday 7:30am-2:30pm. Open Boat, No Reservations just come on down. Fare is $90, Rod Rentals $10.

Capt. Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	173614   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	173615   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	173616   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic4.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	173617  

www.captainronsfishermen.com
Old 06-22-2024, 05:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: FISHERMEN/SATURDAYS FLUKE FISHING

Capt honest report as always. Serious question. Why does it seem every year around June July we talk about the fluke bite being off oceanside because of cold water temperatures yet so much time is spent talking about the impacts of global warming pushing bodies of fish northward. I understand winds have a major effect on upwelling and ocean temperatures on a daily basis but year in year out we talk about two mutually exclusive things. One being the waters too cold and the second being global warming is pushing fish stocks north which are opposing concepts. Curious what your thoughts are.

Last edited by Broad Bill; 06-22-2024 at 05:17 PM..
Old 06-23-2024, 04:46 PM
Site Sponsor

Angry Re: FISHERMEN/SATURDAYS FLUKE FISHING

Bill,
I also can't wrap my head around the fact that, here the Southerly brings the cold water it shuts down the bite Yet, go to Hyannis fishing in 100ft of even Colder water and they catch Big Fish.

I do believe for some reason fish are migrating to the North, look at the Whiting and Fluke they catch up there, or the fact that until the Helen H had the beans to go figure it out proves they have been there the whole time.
Maybe it's a more abundant food source, clean water, I don't know, but The Whiting have been there a long time. The locals never had to fish for them as they had the Cod & Haddock. That lively hood has been pushed to the brink now also with the NOAA regulations.

My real belief and not a conspiracy theory is the powers that be want us off the water so the Windmills can flourish. We are the cry-babies, the ones who stand in the way, the ones who are 3rd & 4th generation hard working people who never asked for help or a dime to survive.....Sorry, I went way off track! I'm sure you get my point.
Capt. Ron

www.captainronsfishermen.com
Old 06-23-2024, 07:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: FISHERMEN/SATURDAYS FLUKE FISHING

They are killing all the breeders. Male fluke don’t get over 18”