NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Delaware River Access - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-28-2024, 04:37 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Delaware River Access

Does anyone know which Delaware River access in the Frenchtown/Milford/Lumberville area (Somewhere around there in either state) will be best to launch my boat (deep enough) and that has a good stretch to fish for bass before efore any rapids or low water. I have a 16 foot Deep V Bass Tracker with a trolling motor and 9.9 engine.

Appreciate the tips

Thanks

Scott
Old 05-29-2024, 07:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Delaware River Access

Kind of a sketchy area to run around for Smallies. You can launch at Bulls Island but to the north it will get shallow quick and the same goes for the south. I would scope it out from land before you launch. You can check that area of the river from the bridges. Look for boulders shallow runs etc. etc. Pay attention to what kinda boats other guys are launching. The majority will be Jet boats made for the river. Good luck dude!
Old 05-30-2024, 08:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Delaware River Access

I have launched in that area with a small 12 foot aluminum, and at times I’m basically lifting the back end off the trailer so the front end can splash down. Wouldn’t recommend it. Here are the launches I have used, roughly in order from south to north.

Lambertville—not bad, decent sized boats launch here. Wing dam directly below but enough room to fish above the ramp that you could probably make a day of it
Bulls Island—as Eddie said, not a bad launch but not a lot of room to fish
Tinicum Park (PA) — wouldn’t try it
Byram (NJ) — not sure; the hot dog selling boats launch here but they are jet boats
Upper Black Eddy (PA) — wouldn’t try it
Holland Church (NJ) — deeper launch with floating dock, don’t go downstream but upstream pretty good
Phillipsburg (NJ) — lots of bigger boats launch here for Shad fishing
Belvidere — think this might be ok too, especially upstream