NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Dam Good and Lucky - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-13-2014, 03:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Dam Good and Lucky

Spent the day on the big.lake with my buddy Dale who will be known in this post as Damn Good (from his reply in the hybrid m+g thread) and I'll be lucky cause I would rather be lucky than good any day, well except yesterday. Lot of bait and fish marked but only two hooked up, here is a pic of Damn Good's and the only thing we will say about mine is "trolling motor". Any day fishing is a great day. Thanks for coming along Dale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141012_142005_380.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	76750  

Last edited by flatcreek; 10-13-2014 at 04:27 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 06:05 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Dam Good and Lucky

Nice wiper there dude. Sounds like a nice day. Wish I was doin that instead of workin for sure.

Dale loves puttin them striped types in the boat..that's a fact! Nicely Done!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I must say that we had to work VERY HARD to get those two bites. We fished several places through out the day and finally ended up right back where we started. The majority of the fish and bait that we marked were in 40 ft. Some enormous schools of bait with fish on top, middle, and bottom. Figured seeing those fish through out the water column we would have some action but the only real action was the racing boat blowing across the lake at 90+mph numerous times!
It was good to be back on the Big Pond since I haven't been there since spring.
Leaves are changing and the crispness of fall with the warm afternoon sun made for a great day to be on the water.
I think fall fishing is a little more sensitive to weather and whenever you get a front and then the high pressure days the fish seem less active.
Stable weather is what you want. Nobody that we spoke to or watched caught much of anything as well.
Phil and myself spent the day laughing and talking about the OLD DAYS and OLD SCHOOL WAYS enjoying each others company.
Oh and last but not least to the two Jackasses in the Bass Boat:

WWWWWWTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFK?????

It never ceases to astonish me the absolute stupidity displayed on that lake between the Pleasure Boaters and other so called "Fisherman" who continuously feel the need to blow by you ten yards away or between you and the shoreline! When there is practically no one on the lake!

If you happen to be one of th0se people who happens to read this post:
Ever hear of: COMMON SENSE ? COURTESY ? I DIDN"T THINK SO....

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetANet View Post
It never ceases to astonish me the absolute stupidity displayed on that lake between the Pleasure Boaters and other so called "Fisherman" who continuously feel the need to blow by you ten yards away or between you and the shoreline! When there is practically no one on the lake!
It's even less fun when you're in a kayak and somebody blows by you at full speed. Even on a 9.9 hp lake, some of those boats can get up a good head of speed and fly past you at full plane.
From what I can see, the anglers who drive the fastest on the lake are people who just launched and they're excited to get to a certain area and people who are getting the skunk and they're boating recklessly out of frustration.

I sent you a PM.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Dam Good and Lucky

Nice fish and great report ! Sorry about the PIA boaters
Old 10-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Site Sponsor

I hear they call him the wiper whisperer!!!! Any day now boyz its gonna blow open
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423