NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The big lake! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 09-14-2014, 02:19 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default The big lake!

Went out today around 7am and fished till 2:30pm lets say pretty cold and lots of wind and rain like crazy on the way in that we were shoaked. Best part was in my garage I got the fishing bag all ready with binskies and all types of jigs and when we get there I noticed I forgot that bag lol. It was my 2nd time ever on this lake and I caught one hybrid around 10 in and one catfish around 12 in and my cousin caught one hybrid around 7 in. We used 2 dozens herring and not even one hit on live lined all the fish were caught around 1 ft from the bottom. Lost alot of fish dont know if maybe they where small fish or grabbing the herring by the tails but if we caught all the fish we missed today in one spot anchored we easliy wouldve had around 20 fish. We trolled bunch of places also and not even a hit. Can anyone though please help me in find one decent sized hybrid though? Lol after fishing today I can't wait to get with all you guys for the meet and greet!

Mike

Last edited by Mikeps326; 09-14-2014 at 02:23 AM..
Old 09-15-2014, 11:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: The big lake!

Dont sweat it Mike, me and Dale didnt do much either yesterday. Was the poorest conditions for fishing, post COLD front and high blue bird skies. I ran thru a 1/4 tank of gas checking spots to see ZERO on the graphs, and over a dozen boats anchored on my fav spot. Too bad there wasnt any fish on that spot anyway haha. I didnt get a sniff on herring all day, we switched to trolling bottom for walleyes and put a few hybrids and some mixed fish in the boat. Biggest was only 4-5lbs and smallest was like 6", you picked a bad day to fish buddy, thats fishing
Old 09-15-2014, 06:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Can't say we gave up we managed to get some fish but had to really work for them. We made the switch to Jimmy's NeverFail Rig and had some action but mostlyt smaller fish by our standards LOL!!!!
Temp was 48 degrees in the am and wind cranked all day besides being waked out by JERK OFFS all day! I don't have any problem with people joy riding with friends and family but have some FXXKING COMMON SENSE!!!
Learn how to plane off your boat and stay away from people fishing.
If I would have had a RPG launcher it would have looked like Pearl Harbor.
I thought we were on Raritan bay on my 14 ft'er the way we were getting beat up!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 09-15-2014, 08:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I guess it was rough for all of us but a 4 or 5 lber must have been a great fight compared to my 10inch hybrid lol and Dale ya guys flew by us so fast that we had one wave hit us and I thought we were going under!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:54 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sorry Mike, never mean to wake anybody out bro.....I stay far away from anyone fishing or sitting, when Im flying I leave a pretty good whitewash.....I get pounded all summer up there and work hard for my fish, after labor day when the speed limit is lifted I like to let my boat stretch its legs and get to the spot. I didnt see u guys anywhere and I usually pay attention to whose out there.

It was dales first trip up this year and he was ready to throw stuff! we had a few boats come within 50 feet of us while on plane no less. Its after the season and was the worst day wake+wind wise this year I think, oh well its gonna get better
Old 09-16-2014, 12:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Jimmy it wasn't you guys it was water skiers that did that I was just agreeing to dale that people don't respect fisherman. All the other fisherman slowed down even state police drove by and slowed down for us.