NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Porgy Time? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 09-28-2024, 10:37 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Porgy Time?

Took a long ride to a spot I have caught big porgies in years past. Lot's of boats there but very little action except for the guys in kayaks who where getting them like crazy and plate sized. Caught a few but not what I was hoping for. Decided to leave after a few hours and maybe fish another sometimes productive area but with the east wind it just wasn't possible with my smaller boat. Headed back to the bay and fished the CG station area. Nothing but small croakers and not a single porgy or weakfish. Tried another piece in the bay with the same results. All in all not a great day but it still felt good to be out on the water. You can't knock us for trying! Hopefully this constant east wind will stop and we can get a chance to do some good fishing Tight Lines!

Last edited by Detour66; 09-28-2024 at 10:41 AM..
Old 09-29-2024, 01:31 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Porgy Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour66 View Post
Took a long ride to a spot I have caught big porgies in years past. Lot's of boats there but very little action except for the guys in kayaks who where getting them like crazy and plate sized. Caught a few but not what I was hoping for. Decided to leave after a few hours and maybe fish another sometimes productive area but with the east wind it just wasn't possible with my smaller boat. Headed back to the bay and fished the CG station area. Nothing but small croakers and not a single porgy or weakfish. Tried another piece in the bay with the same results. All in all not a great day but it still felt good to be out on the water. You can't knock us for trying! Hopefully this constant east wind will stop and we can get a chance to do some good fishing Tight Lines!
I got my squid/clams all prepped. Ready to target porgy once the weather clears. Will keep an eye on the fishing reports from you pros!
Old 09-30-2024, 12:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasm1n8 View Post
I got my squid/clams all prepped. Ready to target porgy once the weather clears. Will keep an eye on the fishing reports from you pros!
Once the weather clears porgy fishing should pick up. Not sure if you fish from a boat or shore but I will recommend hopping on a sponsor party or charter boat and give it a try. They are the real pros! Tight Lines!
Old 09-30-2024, 02:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Man O Man I hope these winds don't kill what little I have left. Been jonesing to hit up the Porgy/Blowfish spots before its time pull her for season in Nov.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 09-30-2024, 06:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Man O Man I hope these winds don't kill what little I have left. Been jonesing to hit up the Porgy/Blowfish spots before its time pull her for season in Nov.
This east wind has been relentless. It looks like we might get a 3 day window starting Thursday. I will be out there if I can! Tight lines.
Old 09-30-2024, 06:36 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour66 View Post
Once the weather clears porgy fishing should pick up. Not sure if you fish from a boat or shore but I will recommend hopping on a sponsor party or charter boat and give it a try. They are the real pros! Tight Lines!
I have a boat in Jersey City. I fish mostly NYC Harbor and around Verrazano bridge. I caught a dozen of small porgy just south of V. bridge two weeks ago. Hope to go back there on Saturday for keepers.
Old 09-30-2024, 06:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasm1n8 View Post
I have a boat in Jersey City. I fish mostly NYC Harbor and around Verrazano bridge. I caught a dozen of small porgy just south of V. bridge two weeks ago. Hope to go back there on Saturday for keepers.
PM me!