NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Made my first Game Thief call today - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Made my first Game Thief call today

I had to take my dad to the dr. In west orange today, so I had about 2 hours to kill so I went to a spot in west orange that's a white bucket playground. While walking the shore line, I saw 3 dudes of Asian heritage with about 30 poles spread out over hundreds of feet of shore line. Ok, then one of them hooked up with a perch, threw it in his net he had hanging off the shoreline and went back fishing. Being nosey I sat on a bench to watch them. Asian #2 hooks up with a fish and throws it in the net, and tells me another perch. Perch my ass, it was a small bass. Since I couldn't positively identify the fish, I walked away cuase I was getting pissed. And THEN, I walk past their buddy's bench where he has his stuff and he has 3 perch size fish IN A PAINTCAN. That was it for me, I googled the number and made a report. I've never actually witnessed this kind of crap, I mean I know people have outfished these local ponds out but c'mon. I'm was so disgusted. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay to see the aftermath.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Made my first Game Thief call today

Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm looking for a few like minded individuals as you. My company provides high level security for local strip malls and fast food restaurants. You can reach us @ 1-888-rentacop
Old 05-15-2014, 06:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRiverRat View Post
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm looking for a few like minded individuals as you. My company provides high level security for local strip malls and fast food restaurants. You can reach us @ 1-888-rentacop
Dude I'm no snitch and I'm not gonna sit here and claim I do everything right, but that spot was closed my whole childhood and reopened 3 years ago and I used to pull bass one after another. Can barely get a bite now. I'm tired of it.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Good job Justin.

I know exactly which lake you're talking about. I never fished it when it was closed, but I've been told the bass fishing was surreal.

Within two years of opening, it turned to shit like every lake in Essex and Union County. It was simply over-fished and over-harvested until there was nothing worthwhile left.

Next time, use your phone-camera to take pictures for evidence and for public shaming.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:35 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Yea dude, I used to sneak in when it was closed when I was a kid and everything you threw got hit, it was nuts. I was so happy when they reopened it and the first year was great. Now it's ruined.

To be honest, I didn't try to take pics because if the dudes said something to me, I was so annoyed, it would have been a scene lol.

I understand people keep any fish they catch and it is what it is but at least do it legally
Old 05-15-2014, 07:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

There are rules and consequences. Thanks for doing the right thing. If ya see folks breaking the rules as it effects us all, so report the bastards that have no respect for our fishery
Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunkertaker View Post
There are rules and consequences. Thanks for doing the right thing. If ya see folks breaking the rules as it effects us all, so report the bastards that have no respect for our fishery
Amen
Old 05-16-2014, 09:13 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Good job justin you did the right thing and don't take river rats post personal if you look at the 4o posts hes made most are wise crack remarks
Old 05-16-2014, 10:20 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Way to go Justin.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1982 View Post
Dude I'm no snitch and I'm not gonna sit here and claim I do everything right, but that spot was closed my whole childhood and reopened 3 years ago and I used to pull bass one after another. Can barely get a bite now. I'm tired of it.
I'm a snitch. I would have called. Probably twice.