NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Repower Question twin Yamaha 150's - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Repower Question twin Yamaha 150's

I am looking to repower my boat with twin yamaha 4 strokes. I have been looking around and spoken to a number of dealers in the area and have a range of prices, in addition to quotes from a number of online discount warehouse who will ship the engines up to a certified installer. Was just wondering if anyone on here has any recomendations on a local guy or any experience with the online route.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Repower Question twin Yamaha 150's

Just a thought. With something as important as new motors would you not be more comfortable knowing that the place you bought and installed them was local and if god forbid you have a problem you have the local dealer there for you? Install is install and of course the online guy is going to tell you that any problem you have was the installer and the installer is going to say the opposite.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:32 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

The last post hit the nail on the head! Saving money now may cost you big time down the road!
Building a rationship with a purchase should get you to the head
Head of the problem line.

Ask around you sure to find a good local guy that you can call & deal with!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:56 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thanks and honestly im on board with you guys (re the local guy) just wanted to see if anyone one here has had experience with the online distributors.

I have a few local guys in mind and have spoken with them though any stories or past experiences from guys on here could def. sway me towards one over another (if there on my list). PM me.

Thanks
Mike