NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Jefferson pond 3-7-12 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Jefferson pond 3-7-12

Fished with my brother yesterday this ponf is heavy in pickeral with bass perch and crappie also present i usually fish a steel leader with a shiner under a float here and or lures used the steel as tho no to break off onnthe pickeral decided i give flouro a shot maybe snag more of the bass that woulnt take due to the heaver steal leader..
Well 20 pound floro worked great caught about about 10 pickeral in the 10"-15" range and one close to 20 abput 2 and half three pounds started throwing a jig towards the end and picked a decent largemouth around a pound on the bogos great little pond and beautifull weather for this time of year..
Anyone else playing around with liters or new line this year have used nano fill and really liked it also the flouro i was using was 20# berkley invis blue bow got 250 yards for like 15 where as the actual floro leader line was 30$ for like 25 yards not sure wat the difference is any opions or brands you like would be good to hearr
Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Jefferson pond 3-7-12

i will second liking nanofil. i have it in 10# and it easily casts further than any mono or fluorocarbon or braid i have used. it does not have any of the tangling issues that braid can have either. only downside is it requires different knots than most line, but they are easy and work well.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Jefferson pond 3-7-12

What size reel u using the 10 in i have the 8 in ultra light setup