NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010 - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Site Moderator

Default Re: PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010

PRELIMINARY ODDS

Gerry Zagorski - I love this guy like a son. He runs a top notch fishing site and throws one hell of a Christmas party; as many of you can attest. I'll make sure there's cold beer and a bottle of 12 year old single malt aboard and that will take care of Gerry (among others - "12 year rules" 40:1

D-Rod - Have fished with David on numerous Party Boats and he's an accomplished fisherman 10:1

Dales - I'll put him in charge of running the Pool and count him OUT. His guest falls in the Follow The Leader Rule; DONE 66:1

MickRazz - A serious contender who can't be underestimated. BUT LAB "NOs" his kryptonite and when I see the gentle twitch of his rod tip.....MuggingTime! 4:1

Rob B - Another unknown but again...........REPORTS speak volumes and it's a little quiet HERE. 100:1

Cool Hand Fluke - Al is honestly one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He's had a Year Of A Lifetime with all species. The missing ingredient in his Personal Bests is NO JERRY/WAYNE. He won't win but he'll be smiling! 99:1

Clam Strings - HMMMMMMMMM He grew up on party boats and spend WAY too much time fishing. Youthful Experience puts him in the running 5:1

Bottom Bouncer - The HOUSE has a rule.........anyone with a cocky username isn't a CLOSER. WORSE is one with the WRONG username for the specie targeted. 50:1

Reel Nauti - This ain't jigging stripers Baby..........Maybe you can help work the deck???? Set the anchors??? 25:1

ALS Mako - Made the mistake underestimating him last year. Once bitten, twice shy. 6:1

JMurr - Ling fishing with a side-sampling of Sea Raven and He'd be The Man. He'll be fresh off a spanking in the Young vs Old. Just taking up space Joe. 200:1

Snaps - Tony will be fishing next to MickRazz. I can see me squirming in between the two of them, reminiscing the story of the "lost hunters meeting the lost fishermen" HA HA HA 25:1

Foul Hook - Tony.......BABY...........You'll be the 2nd or 3rd best blackfishermen from Point Pleasant Boro; and that's not good enuf. 75:1 OUCH

Hammer4Reel - Professional Charter Boat captain........Now here's a guy who gets to fish all the time, all year long right???? The house says fishing on your own boat ain't party boat fishing..........20:1

Scardino - Another KID who'll still be smarting from the spanking the previous week. It's just another week with a bigger boat to scrub Anthong 500:1

JMM727 - ANOTHER professional who ain't getting the inside info from the captain where the piece is. Cast around Baby. 40:1

Dave Tats - #3 from Team HRU. Another KID. I'll let you date my daughter but take you serious to win the PUOSU Title????? NAH 15:1

FinS Bob - If this was a "who can reel their fish to the surface the fastest" we could save our money.......Booby wins! HAD the title within his grasp last year until he got spooked by a flying bank sinker. 2:1

LavOB3 - Really picking up his game but how far????? 10:1

Young Salt - The ONLY YOUNG GUN the house is taking serious. This guy catches. He talks the talk and walks the walk. And I don't think he'll fall for the case of beer the night before two weeks in a row, will he???? 3:1

Shrimpman Steve - Shrimp don't catch PUOSU winning fish. He'll waste a few hours using them and that takes him out of the game. Couple that with his penchant for NOT changing his rig/hook and there's NO WAY he'll be landing the winning fish. 35:1

FishingMortgageMan - Excellent fisherman...........on a charter boat. See "12 year rule" and you'll find Eric sitting at a table with Gerry in the cabin by noon. 50:1

Eamon - Solid fisherman AND he puts in time on party boats. I'll give him more respect this year...............15:1

MsGulp - Odds she sends in her check 25:1 Odds she catches ONE keeper 50:1 Odds winning the title.............1,000:1

Boston Pete - Coulda won last year if he didn't take so long re-baiting his hook. The House thinks he'll keep the crabs in his pocket this year and won't let ANYONE mug his spot. 3:1

River Rat - Odds he sends in his check 10:1 Odds he sends cash Ha Ha Ha. While his family duties keep him busy he still gets out often enough that The House has to respect his chances 10:1

Quanman - He's got better odds to win the Mega Millions tonight than he does to win the Title. Still have to give some respect due to posts. 33:1

PB & J - Johnny B. The King of the Big Fish. Somehow he'll try to make this a TEAM effort with Boston Pete and FinS Bob but it's a ONE FISH TOURNAMENT. I don't care how much his rod and reel cost ($1,000.00.......we've been told often enuf). 10:1

LobsterTales - Dunno what to make of this username and not enough info to rate realistically. He's fishing with Quanman so we'll put them on equal footing. 33:1

WayneDane - Again incomplete intel and lack of fishing report posts. 50:1 That's why it's called Put Up Or Shut Up!

Scoundrel - Has more equipment than Bass Pro Shop but it's about landing the right bite......NOT the equipment. And he's used to fishing on his own boat. I'll go as far as giving BETTER ODDS of seeing him, Gerry and Eric having "lunch" together than of catching the winning fish. 35:1

Smokey Joe - Oh we KNOW he fishes often. He even catches from time to time. Shoulda KEPT the Golf Clubs Tommy Boyo. 12 year rule applies. COCKTAILS????????? Captain Team 200:1

Groovedog - Again........a fish out of water. Put him on a frozen lake in his backyard and he'll hell-on-wheels. 99:1

Kup - Odds he's the best dressed fisherman on the boat 1:1 Odds he'll win the Title???????????? FAGEDDABOUTIT 300:1 WOW

Tautog 1 - A SERIOUS togger. Years of experience up and down the coast give him an edge of many. 12 year old Rule. 5:1

Tautog 1A - WILL outfish Paulie. WILL out drink Gerry. WON'T win the Title. 50:1

Got Bottom - Another professional with PLENTY of party boat fishing experience. The 2nd best fisherman in his family (Dad's #1 - Ha Ha Tommy). 10:1

That's the opening line. Get your checks in ASAP to secure the boat. And there may be NO "catching feelings" over the odds. If you think you're odds are too high..........SEE THE THREAD TITLE!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Group1.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	18589   Click image for larger version

Name:	FinS Bucket Head.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	18590   Click image for larger version

Name:	MickRazz and FinS.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	18592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scooter Boston.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	18593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Group2.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	18594  

NJ DEVILS

Last edited by Life's A Beach; 12-26-2009 at 11:49 AM..
Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

A classic for sure!!

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 12-22-2009, 07:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

It's a good thing I have thick skin (35:1)

I will be in point tomorrow (mimi), will try and hook up to drop off a check!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Contrary to majority who will look to improve their posted odds....I ask mine to be raised significantly! With every weekend licking the proverbial SACK weather wise and the inability to excuse myself from a single day of work I haven't been out NEARLY enough to even be seriously considered (although I DO appreciate the criticism it has already erupted).

Lets think about that day on the OE Mikey (OMFG!)...and adjust the numbers kindly.

Looking forward to the trip none the less.

Fin~S
Old 12-22-2009, 08:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I wouldn't be in a MUGGING mood on the 9th ifin I were you...I'm gonna be 1 day recovered from a colonoscopy on the 7th...I will be very hungry and my ass might be sore...and when I'm hungry with a sore ass I'm AWFULLY ornery....
Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Foul Hook - Tony.......BABY...........You'll be the 2nd or 3rd best blackfishermen from Point Pleasant Boro; and that's not good enuf. 75:1 OUCH
SWEET! I'll take it!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz
and when I'm hungry with a sore ass I'm AWFULLY ornery....
Is that ornery horney
Old 12-23-2009, 06:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpman steve
Is that ornery horney
BOTH..
Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

check is in the mail!!!

wow-6/1....mike, you flatter me. i'm sure i'm just got lucky...now the pressure is really on! should i bring the mackeral rigs this year?

smokey- looks like you have a new member of team 200/1---jmurr

happy holidays to all, see ya on the 9th!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

MIKEEEEEEEY-okay, issued the check from online account today.

Snaps - Tony will be fishing next to MickRazz. I can see me squirming in between the two of them, reminiscing the story of the "lost hunters meeting the lost fishermen" HA HA HA 25:1

ROFLMFAO I'll take those odds and If I am fishing next to mick after he has been thru a colonoscopy I will have one eye on him and one eye on my rod.