NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Kayak Fishing.. - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Kayak Fishing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJerzyG
Nice fish man!! That's a serious squatch!!

Ps, I see msg in ur name, if u ever have any Ranger tickets u wanna unload............
HA !! I worked at MSG for close to 12 years as a stagehand. I worked every concert in that time frame and have seen just about any band you caan think of. We (stagehands) had nothing to do with the Knicks and Rangers, (but I did get a chance to skate with the Rangers many times).

Now I run a Broadway theater, which is great, but I do miss some of the concerts!

Danny V
Old 03-29-2012, 08:48 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgdan
I use 15 lb. mono, and no leader material. I use a 25lb. rated wire swivel clip and go straight with the clip to the spinner bait. I don't fish with bait or with anything that has a treble hook. I had a few that were hooked deep when I started pike fishing and I don't ever want to take a chance of a deep hook with a treble again, for the pikes sake. 99% of my hook ups with a spinner bait are hooked in the lip for an easy release.

Danny V
Gotcha, The wire body of the spinner bait is good enough to keep their jaws off the mono. I was fishin small jigs for smallies in the Passiac last fall, having my line just go limp a hand full of times, like someone under the water had a razor blade. The large flashes I saw told me I wasn't retrieving over sharp/jagged debris. Thanks for the reply!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

what's up jerry,

I don't have a kayak yet, but I do a ton of fishing up here in some north jersey lakes...I recognized ur picture from Mike's Guide Service page up in PA. I have a trip booked with him for the first week of June this yr on the susky...looks like I should have some fun...anyway, I am a member of a hunting club that is like a mile down the street from Mike's house/pond...i go up there a few times a month and fish all the local lakes/ponds/creeks...i could send u some pics of some monsters we have gotten from our secret honey holes...we have a small pond on our property with bass,crappie,channel cats, perch etc...we should meet up and fish a lake around here sometime...i like to do some hikes up to remote lakes here in jersey...longer walks=less pressured/bigger fish

-matt-
Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgdan
M a ce....I have had the tarpon 120 for about 6 years now and mainly just use it in the rivers and lakes and love it! I beat it up pretty good each year dragging on shore around fallen trees and it has been great. When I am out front, I use a hobie revo and as far as fishing from a kayak goes, you can't beat a hobie. IMO

Good luck with the tarpon, I am sure you will love it !!

Danny V
Thanks Dan!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:05 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

We should think about this meetup one day.. i've been too crazy at work lately and finally found this post.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:22 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

i agree...
Old 06-30-2012, 10:58 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Smile Re: Kayak Fishing..

yup we do it all the time. we just bailed out of a delaware river float trip this past week do to high winds. we were hoping to drift for smallies. have you tried that yet? and how did you make out?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Keep me posted on this, I have a couple of 'yaks and would be interested in joining, fresh or saltwater.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:59 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I ended up getting a Tarpon & it's been great! My gf just got a kayak too and we went to Funace Lake early this morning to break it in.

She got 2 bass right off the bat (way more productive then when we've done shoreline there) & one of them was a nice chunk. No bass for me but I got my first Muskie! Not a biggie but got him in on my bass spinning setup (perch pattern rapala).

Had him out of the water briefly to snap this pick & then right back in.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

thinking about getting a Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12, has anyone had any experience with the paddle drive or electric motor?