NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010 - Page 43 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010

First off, Thanks LAB, a well run trip on a tough day. Great job putting it all together and even with the slow bite a great time on the water.

Shrimpman , always a great time fishing with you.

Gerry, always a good time to be had with you around (thanks for this site), Nice meeting Rat too and congrats on the pool. Too bad we never got he poker game off the ground the night before. Rat is also intelligent, he refused our offer to come back to the house to share his pool winnings at Gin and dice. Got Terry for $60.00 bucks before the end of the Jet game!! Thanks Terry for the hospitality and goob job on your eel and ling. High hook for my team!

Fished with Team Norwegian and Lil Leif started off with a keeper within 10 minutes of pulling tight so thought we were in the right spot. Fishing with Leif is always a learning experience, guy is a fishing handbook on two legs and it was like having your own private captain.

Nice meeting some that I havent fished with before and putting some faces to names.
Things I learned:
-I should quit while ahead like in October or stick with Spring Stipers and Summer Tuna.
- Shrimpman sleeps upright in the starboard corner of various PB / Charter boats and makes the stern into his living room. This 1/2 man 1/2 shrimp has been sighted as far south as Cape May and north to Montauck. He was rumored to have been seen on the starboard strern corner of the voyager as early as Wednesday before the trip. While this species hunts often and mainly traps small quarry it normally catches enough for a meal to sustain itself for the next trip.
- Joe Murr is as advertised, fun guy to fish with as long as your ears are properly covered. Last seen consoling Donavan McNabb with a large bowl of Chunky Pout Soup.
- Got Bottom is not human, fished all day without gloves
- Do not fish on the same side of the boat with Lab. Headless bergalls scare off all other species of fish. And Lab , they dont make a breath mint for that.
- Mickrazz is really a nice guy who takes the time to introduce himself to anyone who has recently caught a fish or had a bite Just kidding Mick, nice meeting you finally.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

so it was a little chilly.....so my sinker never hit a pebble...i stuck to my game plan and didnt win!

put myself and scoundrel as close to future hall of famers mickrazz, boston pete, scotty and tony SNAPS on the starboard bow without moving their equipment....confidence is high....

because of that strategy had to spend 15 minutes de-icing my equipment!!

got to the bottom and felt around...prom date, nice and soft all over.

pushed my hood aside to better hear mick, SNAPS and pete...ummm, g rated site, cant let you know what was said.

now the intel starts flowing....a look, a hand gesture...all the little tell tale signs of GREAT players panicing!!

leif lands a keeper mid ships, chev reports catches mid ship portside...

we wiggle, we move, half crab, whole crab, small crab, i think i had a bite, got bottom, no bottom, we move again...inside intel...clam strings, got two...small whites...thanks

I got 1 short, a keeper and two quality bites and had more fun than a person should be allowed in 20 degree weather!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelNauti
I dunno WHERE da HOUSE gets their odds from but:

I met the River Rat yesterday and if "things" don't work out with my Tony SNAPS/ MickRazz theory, I will be revisiting this "new" friend.
i KNEW i should have put money down on this WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's A Beach

River Rat - 10:1 Da Rat looked good the other day on Mimi.......tuning up. And he's been talking the talk this week.........nice to see your spirit. NO HAT FOR YOU!

Quote:

River Rat - Odds he sends in his check 10:1 Odds he sends cash Ha Ha Ha. While his family duties keep him busy he still gets out often enough that The House has to respect his chances 10:1 Respect is one thing. Fishing is another and he ain't been 25:1

Quote:
You think The House is pulling these numbers outta thin air???? you think The House should make them favorites????

Do be fooled Reel Nauti; Rat is a nice guy and one hell of a fisherman. But ....like most people, he has a Dark Side!

NO HAT

NO RESPECT

DARK SIDE

these are the things a man puts on his mirror and reads every morning until game day!!!

No wonder the RAT won!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529
- Joe Murr is as advertised, fun guy to fish with as long as your ears are properly covered. Last seen consoling Donavan McNabb with a large bowl of Chunky Pout Soup.

THIS IS FUNNY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanman
Wow the bow guys were not only left out of the bite today but the group photo as well. I'm going to f'n bed.

yeah, i'm with ya on that one....sheesh!!

couple of pictures for you....

da KING without his hanger-ons!!!

wake me if we WON!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00242.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	19234   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00239.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	19235  
Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelNauti
so it was a little chilly.....so my sinker never hit a pebble...i stuck to my game plan and didnt win!

put myself and scoundrel as close to future hall of famers mickrazz, boston pete, scotty and tony SNAPS on the starboard bow without moving their equipment....confidence is high....

because of that strategy had to spend 15 minutes de-icing my equipment!!

got to the bottom and felt around...prom date, nice and soft all over.

pushed my hood aside to better hear mick, SNAPS and pete...ummm, g rated site, cant let you know what was said.

now the intel starts flowing....a look, a hand gesture...all the little tell tale signs of GREAT players panicing!!

leif lands a keeper mid ships, chev reports catches mid ship portside...

we wiggle, we move, half crab, whole crab, small crab, i think i had a bite, got bottom, no bottom, we move again...inside intel...clam strings, got two...small whites...thanks

I got 1 short, a keeper and two quality bites and had more fun than a person should be allowed in 20 degree weather!!

i KNEW i should have put money down on this WINNER!!

NO HAT

NO RESPECT

DARK SIDE

these are the things a man puts on his mirror and reads every morning until game day!!!

No wonder the RAT won!!

THIS IS FUNNY!!

yeah, i'm with ya on that one....sheesh!!

couple of pictures for you....

da KING without his hanger-ons!!!

wake me if we WON!!

Now this is some funny shite! I was up in that bow to start the day...but after a few drops in the cushion bottom I strapped the skates on! Mid ship seemed to have a good thing going...but it was the quiet stern that was pulling fish. At 6'2" and 200 pounds....wiggling into an already packed area takes some savvy and a good group to let you in (thanks fellas).

Best line from this thread IMHO is the following line. NICE JOB!!!

"Actually we did have a rock at the last drop and Reel Nauti, Scoundrel, and I each took turns touching it with our sinkers just to get a feel. You couldn't lay you're sinker on it, it would just roll off the other side."

Fin~S
Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin_s_guy
Now this is some funny shite! I was up in that bow to start the day...but after a few drops in the cushion bottom I strapped the skates on! Mid ship seemed to have a good thing going...but it was the quiet stern that was pulling fish. At 6'2" and 200 pounds....wiggling into an already packed area takes some savvy and a good group to let you in (thanks fellas).

Best line from this thread IMHO is the following line. NICE JOB!!!

"Actually we did have a rock at the last drop and Reel Nauti, Scoundrel, and I each took turns touching it with our sinkers just to get a feel. You couldn't lay you're sinker on it, it would just roll off the other side."

Fin~S

Booby........That's funny but Smokey Joe "One day when I was at the gym" HAS to be the line of the day. The entire cabin erupted in laughter and wouldn't let him finish his sentence!
NJ DEVILS
Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Booby........That's funny but Smokey Joe "One day when I was at the gym" HAS to be the line of the day. The entire cabin erupted in laughter and wouldn't let him finish his sentence!

That gets the "live" comment with the other the "print" comment.

Bottom line...fishing sukked but it was a great group of people who made the best of the cards they were dealt.

Thanks again for all the hard work Mikey...but maybe next year...middle of Dec.?

Fin~S
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fin_s_guy
That gets the "live" comment with the other the "print" comment.

Bottom line...fishing sukked but it was a great group of people who made the best of the cards they were dealt.

Thanks again for all the hard work Mikey...but maybe next year...middle of Dec.?

Fin~S
I hear ya but it's gotta be booked early. Weekends during tog season tend to sell out FAST!
NJ DEVILS
Old 01-11-2010, 02:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
I hear ya but it's gotta be booked early. Weekends during tog season tend to sell out FAST!
book it now , i'm in. and that chunky pout soups been replaced with my new philly monkfish recipe. i cannot believe i am being compared to LAB and being told i talk more, Mike is a hero i've aways looked down to

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 01-11-2010, 02:36 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

LAB thanks for setting everything up. It was nice meeting some new guys and fishing with some people I haven't been out w/ in a while.

Fishing the bow with HRU and Boston Pete was a blast. Quanman and his brother Dave, def. gotta get out again....sans the christmas tree hat and 20#power pro, LOL!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

here ya go
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	all hail Agusti of tog.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	19239   Click image for larger version

Name:	bananarama softbait steve,fin-s,dales.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	19240   Click image for larger version

Name:	da champ and how paulie feels bout it.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	19241   Click image for larger version

Name:	foul hook and pbj&j.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	19242   Click image for larger version

Name:	i'm a giant.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	19243  

Murr722@gmail.com

CHAMPION

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

Old 01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	me and paulie.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	19244   Click image for larger version

Name:	me and that softy mick razz.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	19245   Click image for larger version

Name:	sean,me,wayneo.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	19246   Click image for larger version

Name:	softbait and mikey aka colt 40 feinberg.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	19247   Click image for larger version

Name:	the Petersens.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	19248  

Murr722@gmail.com

CHAMPION