NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Kayak Fishing.. - Page 4 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Kayak Fishing..

Welcome Ken Jan !!! Good to hear that you are with NCKA !! I have been on 4 trips with polepole (Allen) and also post on that great site.

I am heading to Christmas Island (1200 miles south of Hawaii) in May with BoogieD, who runs the trip, along with Allen. It looks like Allen won't be making this trip, but I am sure I will be fishing with him again this year.

Let me know if you want to "hook up", I may have a kayak or two for you to borrow!

Danny V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken jan
Hey Jerry,
How's it going. I'm a avid yaker. I live in North Jersey, Vernon and Union City half the year usually from fall to early summer. Rest of the year I live in Northern California. I belong to northcal kayak anglers. In cali I paddle a hobbie adventurer, fish fresh water and ocean. I have a 12 ft. Jon boat here in Jersey but really want to start paddling. I am looking for a yak. The mini x your friend is selling sounds like what I'm looking for. We definitely should hook up and fish.
pm me, let me know the status on the yak
tHANKS
kEN jAN
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Dude your the one going to Christmas island!! I saw your post on NCKA!! That sounds awesome. Did you guys manage to secure shipping kayaks out there?
Where are you located in Jersey.
Do you get to Cali much? Before I got back to Jersey I hooked up with a bunch of loose screws at Lake Berryessa for a fish and chill. We Chilled and also killed it with the trout. Can't wait to get busy fishing around here on the yak. When you going out next? I was just out at lake wawayanda last Friday, skunked on the trout, managed to pick up a small LMB on the way in. Trying to figure out parallel fishing techniques out here with NorCal?
Keep in touch
Ken
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ken, they have about 7 kayaks on the island now. Allen and BoogieD, have made a couple trips down since Jan. and the fishing there is just insane! GT's, tuna, wahoo and just about everything else, just off the coast and they haven't even scratched the surface of the possibilites from a kayak. I have been to Alaska twice and Mexico with Allen and what great trips we have been on.

Pretty much the only fresh water I do in NJ is in the Passaic river, right near my house. I have the northern pike fishing pretty dialed in and went out Sat for 90 minutes and had 6 hook ups, but only landed 2. Most of my fishing is in the salt water and I think I am going out tomorrow night from midnight until dawn for stripers in RB.

Here are a couple small pike from Sat. and check your PM's.

Danny V
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Danny, Thanks for that, great pics. night fishing sounds fun. just emailed you.
did you see the post on ncka "mother ship in alaska" liquid adventures?
cheers
ken
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hey, I just found this site. I've been paddling my WS Tarpon for the past 8 years or so all over the place. I live in Oakland so Pompton is my local hole. I usually fish evenings after work. I'll fish a weeknight into some late hours if the fish are cooperating or until the cooler is empty
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScowardNJ
Hey, I just found this site. I've been paddling my WS Tarpon for the past 8 years or so all over the place. I live in Oakland so Pompton is my local hole. I usually fish evenings after work. I'll fish a weeknight into some late hours if the fish are cooperating or until the cooler is empty
Welcome!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:09 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

welcome aboard! i'm in riverdale... lots of people in the area..
Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice! We just bought a house and I've been locked up for the past 2 months in renovations. Ever since we set the clocks ahead and this great weather has me jonesing to get out. Hopefully by mid April I'll be ready to start "putting in" on a more regular basis. I'll be trolling this forum on a regular basis.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

12 pike in the past 2 trips. This was the biggest, caught with a white spinner bait in about 12 inches of water.

Danny V
Old 03-25-2012, 08:07 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Nice work!