NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Tiger Musky in the Passaic? I say yup - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Tiger Musky in the Passaic? I say yup

Beautiful musky, BTW the tiger musky in that pic is a mounted fish if you look carefully
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Here's a Tiger I caught in Greenwood Lake couple years ago

Not that big but it was a nice fish. Caught it on 6lb test no liter about 2 years ago ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tiger musky.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	52182  
Old 08-14-2012, 01:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

When you have major flooding like we had last august/sept, fish in rivers tend to move upstream - not down. Lakes/ponds with over the top spillways and tribs have fish doing both - going over the dams and moving up tribs. Basically any fish species found in a reservoir along any river will find its way into that river and beyond -especially younger fish. I see tons of baby largemouth bass in almost every river yet adults are rare since its the young ones washing out of ponds and lakes along the rivers course and not the adults. Where adults do show up in good numbers are the slower rivers like the Passaic or the stillwaters behind dams on other rivers like the Raritan.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

A lot of people would like to fish wanaque res. Here I see. Here are some pics. Of the res. That I can scrounge up. Let's just say these are from when you were aloud to fish it and not from this past spring wink.... I have caught pike, hybrids, channel cats, pickeral, large and smallmouths, crappie, perch, only thing I have not caught is walleye musky and trout but have heard rumors of them in there. Hands down best bass lake in the state I would say, I have had days of over 40 fish between me and my dad in the 3-5 lbs rang. The biggest was about a 8 lb'r my pops got years ago. But yea no fishing is aloud there now
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1344964137940-1.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	52184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6252-1.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	52186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4242-1.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	52187  
Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
A lot of people would like to fish wanaque res. Here I see. Here are some pics. Of the res. That I can scrounge up. Let's just say these are from when you were aloud to fish it and not from this past spring wink.... I have caught pike, hybrids, channel cats, pickeral, large and smallmouths, crappie, perch, only thing I have not caught is walleye musky and trout but have heard rumors of them in there. Hands down best bass lake in the state I would say, I have had days of over 40 fish between me and my dad in the 3-5 lbs rang. The biggest was about a 8 lb'r my pops got years ago. But yea no fishing is aloud there now
Hybrid Striper in Wanaque Reservoir??? How the hell did that end up there???

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

From what info. I have they were stocked many years ago to control the baitfish pop. Because they were clogging the water pipes there. Don't know how true that is but their is not to many left but if you do hook into one its gonna be 12+lbs. I don't know how the pike got in there they are few and far between, I have caught them from 12 inches to one that was about 20 lbs. A monster I can't find that pic. If I do I will post it.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:16 PM
iceehot6766

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
Beautiful musky, BTW the tiger musky in that pic is a mounted fish if you look carefully
I thought the same thing but didn't want to say anything...lol
Old 08-14-2012, 03:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
From what info. I have they were stocked many years ago to control the baitfish pop. Because they were clogging the water pipes there. Don't know how true that is but their is not to many left but if you do hook into one its gonna be 12+lbs. I don't know how the pike got in there they are few and far between, I have caught them from 12 inches to one that was about 20 lbs. A monster I can't find that pic. If I do I will post it.
That's just as crazy with the Pike. Monksville Reservoir, which is above it, only has Muskie and Walleye, no Pike or Hybrids. I'd imagine some Muskie and Walleye have gone over the dam into Wanaque Reservoir too. The thought of Hybrid Stripers, Muskie, Pike, Walleye, as well as huge Bass all in one spot is mind boggling lol.

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 08-14-2012, 04:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have fished the area by the main damn,they say the walleye and muskie are in the opposite direction by the monksville damn which would make sense. I have yet to fish that area. I will tell you one thing that place changes everytime you fish it. Fish will be in totally diff. Areas everytime you go there. The water level goes up and down drastically throughout the year and seasons. hands down late fall is the best time of year, with spoons being dropped down into its depths. I also did great with the perch and a few bass ice fishing it one time. Will be posting reports this fall from reservoir x, stay tuned.....
Old 08-15-2012, 06:46 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Was fishing the D&R 2wks ago and while walking back to the car found these guys stocking. Asked what it was and they said it was 3yr old tiger muskies.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo (6).JPG
Views:	407
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	52262