NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Smoker report 8/22: - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Recipes
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Recipes Use this board to post your favorite recipes

Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Smoker report 8/22:

I have the Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker. Like Reefsquatter wrote, getting smoke can be tricky.

If you have the older Masterbuilt the smoking capabilities are weak. They offer a free retrofit with a chip tray that is twice as big as the original. The first picture shows the newer tray on top and the older one on the bottom.

I also just got an awesome smoke generator called the A-Maze-N Smoker. It will produce smoke for about 10 hours. It uses pellets or sawdust. I got about 3 hours of smoke from the portion that is burned in the picture. And you can use it to cold smoke Salmon or cheese.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Smoker report 8/22:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDubya07
Good Morning Guys

Question - I am looking for a smoker - for fish , pulled pork ribs - any recommendations .

I am not looking to smoke a side of beef , looking for something descent - not to exspensive - not super cheap - dont mind paying for something good though

Thanks guys and please let me know

Gdubs -
The best home smoker IMVHO is the Little Chief or the Mini Chief available at Cabellas!! I have had the Mini for several years and it will do about 9 small ling at one time! Perfect for the smaller family! Cherry or apple sawdust from a SHARP chainsaw is all ya need!!