NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Favorite lake : - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Favorite lake :

I would say Shehawken lake in PA would be my favorite lake right now..
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Daytime fishing: Pompton Lake. Great bass and Crappie. Perfect size for kayak fishing.

Nighttime fishing: Tie between Monksville Reservoir and Lake Hopatcong. Hopatcong has probably been more productive for me with some nice Hybrids, but something about the seclusion of Monksville at night draws me back every summer. Early June topwater Smallies in the pitch black is a trip .

16' MirroCraft V-Hull
12.5' Perception Sport Sound
10' Pelican Pursuit
Clam Kenai Pro
Instagram: rjjasonek
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Either Spruce or RVR in the summertime months at night.

Other than that, Candlewood lake in Conn or Lake Champlain.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm going to have to mull this one over and maybe edit my post with an entry later seeing there's 2 lakes I fish extensively at the same place.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Both lakes that I'm going to mention have had or are having water problems . San Vicente res. in San Diego County is the best all around Bass lake that I have ever fished . It's a deep rocky lake with most of the lake accessable by boat only . Plastic Worm Paradise . A 5 lb. Bass isn't even noticed . You have to have something over 8 to raise an eyebrow . They took down the water level to make the dam taller . There are also Monster Crappie and Trout . Threadfin Shad live in the lake and everything eats them . The trout hold over due to the lake depth of over 100' . The Bass gourge on the stocked Trout and there have been fish over 18 lbs caught . My second choice is Prospertown Lake . Even though it has been desimated by the drawdown it will come back in two or three years . It has been my go to Crappie lake for 17 years .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S6000014.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	56776  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Pines Lake in Wayne. private, but if you know someone who lives on it, your set. Catch and release only so all the fish are FAT. Also like wawayanda too, but not as much as Pines.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm willing to bet most people aren't posting there actual "favorite" lake because I know I'm not for sure and that nothing against anybody on here. Unfortunately this lake is too small and if were to get any more pressure than it already has it would probably turn into what ever other lake in Bergen County already is (essentially dead). As far as bigger water is concerned outside of private lakes and what not I'd have to go with Lake Hopatcong. The place just holds such a great variety of fish with some monsters lurking in there.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by basspilot
I'm willing to bet most people aren't posting there actual "favorite" lake because I know I'm not for sure and that nothing against anybody on here. Unfortunately this lake is too small and if were to get any more pressure than it already has it would probably turn into what ever other lake in Bergen County already is (essentially dead).

We all have lakes or spots like that.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

[QUOTE=basspilot]I'm willing to bet most people aren't posting there actual "favorite" I do ! I'll even tell you where to go and catch um up ! Prospertown isn't for everybody as it doesn't allow motors of any kind . It also gets choked with weeds as the season progresses .
Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Loved Lake George as a kid. There was a cove on the south side of Anthony's Nose on the north end where my pops and I would catch bass, perch, pickerel and pike all day and never failed. In NJ since I'm boatless and stuck on the shore the Washington Valley Reservoir as well as Round Valley around the rock wall.