NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010 - Page 21 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
OK, I'll bring the salt cod and chowda and cakes! BUT the cod roe and tongue are mine!

Leif
Just wanted you to know I was reading the fine book you let me borrow. Funny how little the world has changed! Finished it and remind me to return it on Sat
Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's A Beach
Solo?? What about UB3 & Gulp??????
We'll all be on the boat and that's all that matters.

;-)
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski
You are the man Razz.... I appreciate the loan of your tog slaying sword... How can I loose with a "tog skin butt wrap" for extra Mojo.

I will protect your oufit with my life..

(BTW how much does a purple Newell, Calstar rod with a tog butt wrap and inlay cost )
The rod cost me $265.00.....without the tog skin extras that I did myself. Probably 8 hours of skin work, not including the tanning, defleshing and softening of the skin to make it workable. The thing is, I don't know if there is another one like it. I had pics of it posted in rodbuilder magazine website and out of every builder there, no one had ever heard of it being done. So......its basically priceless to me. The reel is expendable..165.00 would cover that...well...I DID upgrade the drags and the handle and I have 65lb suffix braid on it which might add another $55 bucks.
Just have fun with it Gerry ...and please do like LAB says and brush up on your spelling...its not "loose"...its "lose"
Old 01-06-2010, 02:26 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

what time will boarding start Saturday??

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurr711
what time will boarding start Saturday??

Joey

for YOU - 7:30

WE'LL be sailing at 6:30
NJ DEVILS
Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 AM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
OH NO YOU DIDN'T.... HAHHAHAHA! Like Woody said in the movie...... Natural Born Killers..."You aint seen nothing yet."

Just don't cancel the trip. 20-30 to ta fo fo ta cix 19 ta 20

Even wit 1 wing gonna git ya.

Bin togin way before you hit da crib.

Fishin always came first with me a my dad, couldn't wait to get rid of the Wimin so i could go fishin. Since leif is so good lookin like me , It should be da same. If not. I got somethin ta do.

HEH EH

Leif the blackfish king!
I'm old enuf to be your father! It will be nice fishing with Young Leif.......like fishing with a grandson. And there'll be NOXQQS, this is only blackfishing.......not like you NEED to arms for these "salt water carp".....they jump on the hook and swim it up to the surface.

Cod is Queen!
NJ DEVILS
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
is that Al Fishtori in the pic with the girl? Kind of looks like Razz
Scotty woke up, welcome scooter.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPS
Scotty woke up, welcome scooter.
thanks tony, too bad lab is being very quiet... i don't think he wants me to go, something about flying lead, LOL
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz
The rod cost me $265.00.....without the tog skin extras that I did myself. Probably 8 hours of skin work, not including the tanning, defleshing and softening of the skin to make it workable. The thing is, I don't know if there is another one like it. I had pics of it posted in rodbuilder magazine website and out of every builder there, no one had ever heard of it being done. So......its basically priceless to me. The reel is expendable..165.00 would cover that...well...I DID upgrade the drags and the handle and I have 65lb suffix braid on it which might add another $55 bucks.
Just have fun with it Gerry ...and please do like LAB says and brush up on your spelling...its not "loose"...its "lose"
Spelling was never my strong suite (or is that suit ). Holding on to a $495 outfit in the dead of winter while drinking beer is not one either.

I was anchored up at the Rocks fishing one time in the late fall. I had just purchased my first decent outfit....A Loomis rod paired to a Avet SX and was fishing it for the first time..... We were using clams that day so my hands were pretty slimey. I get a huge hit and go to transfer the pole from my right hand to my left to set the hook. It never makes it and I watch in horror as it goes into the drink.

Luckily about a half hour later one of the guys we are fishing with snags the pole and we get it back... Thank God! That would have been a very long day of fishing for me...

Although I appreciate the offer, a man has got to know his limitations. I'm way too clumsy to be entrusted with an outfit like yours... Got any Penn Squiders laying around??

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrazz

Sheesh. How can he possibly "just have fun with it", now that you've told him that you love that rod more than your first born?

24F, 25 kt winds, 3-5'ers, hands covered in crab slime or worse - gloves covered in crab slime... hard to have fun thinking about what happens when that "one of a kind... basically priceless to me" piece of graphite and tog skin slips out of numb, slimy fingers and goes "splash".

See you Saturday. Get your game face on - no more of this "I got lucky" blather. BOW... you pick the side. Bring that nice antler J hook.