NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010 - Page 12 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Default Re: PUOSU II - Saturday January 9, 2010

Excellent. Want a check mailed in at this late date or just show up with green in hand? Mickrazz is my collateral... if I don't show up, you can just keep him.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker
Excellent. Want a check mailed in at this late date or just show up with green in hand? Mickrazz is my collateral... if I don't show up, you can just keep him.

That's NOT a lot of collateral (see today's Mimi report); he's VERY needy.

Bring cash next Saturday And about time you signed up
NJ DEVILS
Old 01-02-2010, 09:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life's A Beach
Question to all on this trip....

Captain Jeff emailed asking if we want the galley open?????

Please weigh in with your opinion so I can get back to him asap
nothing better than the smell of taylor ham and egg in the morning, smells like fishing 1 vote yes for the galley
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Def NEED lots of food !!!!!!!!!

More important, can somebody talk to the POWERS to be and let the WIND have a vacation day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really tired of the weekend BLOW OUTS

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 01-02-2010, 09:41 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I would vote yes.

However I am also OK with us peeps bringing some food as well. I know I will bring something, I never go empty handed.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Site Moderator

Poll over

GALLEY OPEN

You're welcome to bring your own personal food but those of you who selflessly bring enough for a "Barbeque".......save it for another trip! Thanks Tom!

Assuming we'll leave the dock @ 6:30...........Captain Jeff can chime in here.

Board as you want, it's a big boat and the skaters will be next to you if you get a hit anyway!
NJ DEVILS
Old 01-02-2010, 04:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

check is in your mail box. sorry it is late.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

That was a short poll. Looks like I won't be making "road kill" stew. The galley is fine by me.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Site Moderator

UPDATED ODDS

Gerry Zagorski - I love this guy like a son. He runs a top notch fishing site and throws one hell of a Christmas party; as many of you can attest. I'll make sure there's cold beer and a bottle of 12 year old single malt aboard and that will take care of Gerry (among others - "12 year rules" 40:1
Ain't seen a fishing report from this "character in months 50:1

D-Rod - Have fished with David on numerous Party Boats and he's an accomplished fisherman 10:1 Your BEST FRIEND on this site is tawkin trash about you?? 20:1

Dales - I'll put him in charge of running the Pool and count him OUT. His guest falls in the Follow The Leader Rule; DONE 66:1
For getting us closer to our goal of 40; a big thumbs up! BUT this ain't shooting fish in a barrel. 88:1

MickRazz - A serious contender who can't be underestimated. BUT LAB "NOs" his kryptonite and when I see the gentle twitch of his rod tip.....MuggingTime! 4:1 After losing out to a far superior fisherman LAST YEAR, Baby Al Ristori has fished up and down the coast to hone his skills. He even looked good yesterday, allowing some slack in his line (for a change). Pool fish on Mimi lowers his odds 3:1

Rob B - Another unknown but again...........REPORTS speak volumes and it's a little quiet HERE. 100:1 The HOUSE is all about the money and Rob fell asleep for a minute. Will he be slow on the swing when mr rubber lips comes calling?? 150:1

Cool Hand Fluke - Al is honestly one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He's had a Year Of A Lifetime with all species. The missing ingredient in his Personal Bests is NO JERRY/WAYNE. He won't win but he'll be smiling! 99:1 Did some more research on his 2009 track record and it seems The House didn't give Al enuf credit. 50:1

Clam Strings - HMMMMMMMMM He grew up on party boats and spend WAY too much time fishing. Youthful Experience puts him in the running 5:1 If this was a shill for his favorite rod builder, the odds would go down. See the "Rob Rule" above..... 20:1

Bottom Bouncer - The HOUSE has a rule.........anyone with a cocky username isn't a CLOSER. WORSE is one with the WRONG username for the specie targeted. 50:1 Strike Two, "Rob Rule" 100:1

Reel Nauti - This ain't jigging stripers Baby..........Maybe you can help work the deck???? Set the anchors??? 25:1 HMMMMM stayed at the rail ALL day on Mimi. He even gave lip service back to Shrimpman when confronted. KUDOS 20:1

ALS Mako - Made the mistake underestimating him last year. Once bitten, twice shy. 6:1 Will he be ready to fish or in the cabin eating a taylor ham sandwich??? Wrong Comment Steve 10:1

JMurr - Ling fishing with a side-sampling of Sea Raven and He'd be The Man. He'll be fresh off a spanking in the Young vs Old. Just taking up space Joe. 200:1 Fresh off a hack on the North Star coupled with his Flyers stinking up Fenway Park yesterday 250:1

Snaps - Tony will be fishing next to MickRazz. I can see me squirming in between the two of them, reminiscing the story of the "lost hunters meeting the lost fishermen" HA HA HA 25:1 Nice guy. Hey Boston Pete........How did Tony Snaps get his name?? Brother HRU member but he's just Mick Razz's caddy OMFG 35:1

Foul Hook - Tony.......BABY...........You'll be the 2nd or 3rd best blackfishermen from Point Pleasant Boro; and that's not good enuf. 75:1 OUCH The House would give his wife better odds. Reports flowing in from a friendly party boat captain have The House adjusting THESE odds too 99:1 DOUBLE OUCH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scooter.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	18881   Click image for larger version

Name:	FinS.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	18882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Group1.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	18883   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBJ Subway Cars.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	18884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scooter Boston.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	18885  

NJ DEVILS
Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Site Moderator

Too Long for one post!

Hammer4Reel - Professional Charter Boat captain........Now here's a guy who gets to fish all the time, all year long right???? The house says fishing on your own boat ain't party boat fishing..........20:1 Typical Fudd. Tawkin Trash about his buddy DRod and that cocky attitude. Ain't seen a fishing report in awhile?? The House says "stay home and bake up some bucktails with Pinky LOL 30:1 HIGHER than D Rod

Scardino - Another KID who'll still be smarting from the spanking the previous week. It's just another week with a bigger boat to scrub Anthong 500:1 Two things we won't ask Anthony to do: Clean OUR fish and Win the Title! 700:1

JMM727 - ANOTHER professional who ain't getting the inside info from the captain where the piece is. Cast around Baby. 40:1 We'll have him culling crabs for us by noon. 50:1

Dave Tats - #3 from Team HRU. Another KID. I'll let you date my daughter but take you serious to win the PUOSU Title????? NAH 15:1 Didn't see you on the Mimi yesterday Dave??? Too much partying on New Years Eve? This kid is so young, he needs ID to buy gum 25:1

FinS Bob - If this was a "who can reel their fish to the surface the fastest" we could save our money.......Booby wins! HAD the title within his grasp last year until he got spooked by a flying bank sinker. 2:1 "mikey........I ain't been out in forever......you gotta raise my odds" damn whiner ok Booby.........u got it 15:1 Just make sure you drive PB&J to the boat

LavOB3 - Really picking up his game but how far????? 10:1 The House has changed this angler's odds do to further research and recent reports 20:1

Young Salt - The ONLY YOUNG GUN the house is taking serious. This guy catches. He talks the talk and walks the walk. And I don't think he'll fall for the case of beer the night before two weeks in a row, will he???? 3:1 Took the gas pipe on the Mimi last week and has dropped from the face of the earth. I'll PM him and tell him that this Friday is New Year's Eve and they're having a 2 for 1 at his local bar 25:1

Shrimpman Steve - Shrimp don't catch PUOSU winning fish. He'll waste a few hours using them and that takes him out of the game. Couple that with his penchant for NOT changing his rig/hook and there's NO WAY he'll be landing the winning fish. 35:1 Saw Steve do the "Kenny Rod Splash after dropping a greyhound. THEN saw him turn ugly on Poor Reel Nauti??? Just didn't see him impress The House on the Mimi. Even had an 80 year old man push him out of "his corner"?? He's talking big but catching small 40:1

FishingMortgageMan - Excellent fisherman...........on a charter boat. See "12 year rule" and you'll find Eric sitting at a table with Gerry in the cabin by noon. 50:1 59 and holding. Hell, he wasn't even the best dressed on recent trip. AND The House thought Eric was a big man and could hold off muggers.........he let Little Boston Pete muscle right in on a bite. 75:1

Eamon - Solid fisherman AND he puts in time on party boats. I'll give him more respect this year...............15:1 Did he leave the country? Did he stop fishing? Are his odds going up to 30:1??? YES

MsGulp - Odds she sends in her check 25:1 Odds she catches ONE keeper 50:1 Odds winning the title.............1,000:1 Odds she wears the Dancing Bear Coat 1:1 That she catches a short 200:1
WINNING????? 1,000,000:1 The Mets have a better chance of winning the World Series next year!

Boston Pete - Coulda won last year if he didn't take so long re-baiting his hook. The House thinks he'll keep the crabs in his pocket this year and won't let ANYONE mug his spot. 3:1 BIG CHANGE. Fishing on the Mimi with a 2oz yellow and orange bucktail changed OUR mind 9:1

River Rat - Odds he sends in his check 10:1 Odds he sends cash Ha Ha Ha. While his family duties keep him busy he still gets out often enough that The House has to respect his chances 10:1 Respect is one thing. Fishing is another and he ain't been 25:1

Quanman - He's got better odds to win the Mega Millions tonight than he does to win the Title. Still have to give some respect due to posts. 33:1 Oh he'll make friends on this trip but there's NO CHANCE he'll edge out this field for The Title 50:1

PB & J - Johnny B. The King of the Big Fish. Somehow he'll try to make this a TEAM effort with Boston Pete and FinS Bob but it's a ONE FISH TOURNAMENT. I don't care how much his rod and reel cost ($1,000.00.......we've been told often enuf). 10:1 He had Baby Girl mail in his deposit. Is she gonna bait your hooks too Johnny B? Brand new Truck and you make FinS drive down to fish on the Mimi? He Squeeks. AND he won't have The S.S. Beanhead to sneak around on next year. 20:1

LobsterTales - Dunno what to make of this username and not enough info to rate realistically. He's fishing with Quanman so we'll put them on equal footing. 33:1 I hope this guy fishes next to one of the FAVORITES and takes notes........then he MIGHT catch A keeper 66:1

WayneDane - Again incomplete intel and lack of fishing report posts. 50:1 That's why it's called Put Up Or Shut Up! "Rob Rule" comes into play again. PUOSU 99:1

Scoundrel - Has more equipment than Bass Pro Shop but it's about landing the right bite......NOT the equipment. And he's used to fishing on his own boat. I'll go as far as giving BETTER ODDS of seeing him, Gerry and Eric having "lunch" together than of catching the winning fish. 35:1 Intel from Reel Nauti tells The House to be careful shortchanging this AVID/EXPERIENCED fisherman. The House says 75:1 PUOSU!

Smokey Joe - Oh we KNOW he fishes often. He even catches from time to time. Shoulda KEPT the Golf Clubs Tommy Boyo. 12 year rule applies. COCKTAILS????????? Captain Team 200:1 Going to break tradition with this angler. He caught a 12# on one trip and an 8# yesterday. Stayed at the rail all day and moved away from the muggers to find his OWN BITES. I woulda looked DYNOMITE in that 3X sweatshirt Tommy! 100:1

Kup - Odds he's the best dressed fisherman on the boat 1:1 Odds he'll win the Title???????????? FAGEDDABOUTIT 300:1 WOW Oh he'll out dress Eric Mortgage, that's for sure. The House will even concede he'll catch a fish or two. TITLE?? Not a snowball's chance in hell. 500:1

Tautog 1 - A SERIOUS togger. Years of experience up and down the coast give him an edge of many. 12 year old Rule. 5:1 A bottle of blackberry in one pocket and a hand picked whitelegger in the other. OH he'll be the first one mugging the bites AGAIN. Just don't mug HIM or you'll get a suplex from the side rail! Odds Stay 5:1

Tautog 1A - WILL outfish Paulie. WILL out drink Gerry. WON'T win the Title. 50:1 Won't miss a beat at the rail. Odds to catch the most dogfish? 3:1. Win Mick Razz's heart? 1:1 (he loves the fact she stands at the rail with the wind in her face all day long) BUT The Title - Better chance of having kielbasy, gumbo and white rice (oh wait, she did?) 75:1

Got Bottom - Another professional with PLENTY of party boat fishing experience. The 2nd best fisherman in his family (Dad's #1 - Ha Ha Tommy). 10:1 "I've been real busy lately LAB." Busy means he aint fishing. 20:1

Slacker - The name speaks VOLUMES. While he's an HRU member, HIS current reports (yes I've seen them) ain't impressing The House. Without Scooter on this trip it will be up to Mick Razz to carry on the torch for the HRU. Positive is with Tats, Slacker and Snaps, Mick won't have to even carry his rods onto the boat! 45:1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FinS Bucket Head.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	18886   Click image for larger version

Name:	MickRazz Stellie FinS.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	18887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrimp Cod.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	18888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin Baldies.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	18889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Group2.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	18890  

NJ DEVILS

Last edited by Life's A Beach; 01-02-2010 at 04:58 PM..