NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lab Memorial - Puosu Vi - Page 10 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Lab Memorial - Puosu Vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
I have a nice custom conventional with Shimano TLD 50 with 80 lb test that will be perfect to get those big fish off the wreck before they rock you up that you can borrow. If you prefer a longer rod with more sensitive tip I have a nice 10 ft. surf rod.

If you are serious I will hook you up. Just tell me what type of rod you like to fish and I will see what I can put together

Thank you sir. Just joking though my only reel issue is deciding which set up to bring, thanks to Mr Bogan , cape fear, and Shakespeare ...
www.quality1stcompanies.com
Old 11-05-2013, 10:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Now that we have roster pretty much set for 12/8 trip on OE I want to start focusing my efforts on door prizes from sponsors and others as well as donations from members who can not make the trip but still want to contribute. If you are looking to donate a door prize to be raffled please either contact myself (MVP), Gerry or just post on this site with your Name (Screen Name) with description of your donation. We will keep a list of your name and door prize or donation listed on the first page of this post.
To get things started I will be donating a rod I had built for Lab that I was going to present to him at this years PUOSU to thank him for all he has done it putting these events together for us over the past 5 years. I remember him always talking about this old fiberglass rod with wood handle that he bought at a flea market for like 10-15 bucks that he use to catch a ton of fluke on. He loved this rod so much he had a name for it: GRANDMA. I purchased a rod over the winter which I thought was a Harnell. Nice wood handle with deep bend. Guides were all beat up but rod had a real nice feel to it and reminded me of GRANDMA rod he use to speak about so fondly. After I stripped it down and sanded down blank I found that it was not a Harnell but an old Fenwick that I am very fond off. I had it rewrapped old style thread with updated Titanium guides. The rod came out beautifully as I am sure he would have loved it. I may have to fish it at least once on the trip to give it some good LAB mojo before it goes to a new home.
I am also working on getting white leggars donated for both trips. Can not promise this yet but it is in the works through friend of mine who knew LAB. This will save us around 300 – 400 bucks that can go right to the family. My goal is to raise at least $3000 bucks during this event so I am asking for everyone to step up to the plate and give what you can as I am sure it will be greatly appreciated. Many of you who work at big corporate companies may want to ask your employer to match your donation as we will also list the companies name on the front page list. We are off to a great start so lets keep the momentum going.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2358 (Medium).jpg
Views:	452
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	65446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5447 (2) (Medium).jpg
Views:	433
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	65447  
Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Oooooooooh - I want dat.

Nice of you to donate that Alex. I'm sure that rod is going to have some good mojo on it. One keeper per trip. A "LAB LIMIT"

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Scotty

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
That is funny being as you have 3 of team Blind Squirrel on the trip.

I marched 3/21/2012
No Facebook No Twitter No Text
Old 11-05-2013, 12:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Scotty

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
The more togging that (those) squirrel does, the luckier he gets
Old 11-05-2013, 07:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

[QUOTE=jmurr711]as is Scotty, he won the first year

Gerry Says : I was thinking there might have been a tie between ALS Mako and Scotty first year.... Is this correct??

gerry, i actually tied with noodlerod tommy? was puosu part 2 on a feb trip on the mimi. a few years ago. thanks for remembering
Old 11-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Now that we have roster pretty much set for 12/8 trip on OE I want to start focusing my efforts on door prizes from sponsors and others as well as donations from members who can not make the trip but still want to contribute. If you are looking to donate a door prize to be raffled please either contact myself (MVP), Gerry or just post on this site with your Name (Screen Name) with description of your donation. We will keep a list of your name and door prize or donation listed on the first page of this post.
To get things started I will be donating a rod I had built for Lab that I was going to present to him at this years PUOSU to thank him for all he has done it putting these events together for us over the past 5 years. I remember him always talking about this old fiberglass rod with wood handle that he bought at a flea market for like 10-15 bucks that he use to catch a ton of fluke on. He loved this rod so much he had a name for it: GRANDMA. I purchased a rod over the winter which I thought was a Harnell. Nice wood handle with deep bend. Guides were all beat up but rod had a real nice feel to it and reminded me of GRANDMA rod he use to speak about so fondly. After I stripped it down and sanded down blank I found that it was not a Harnell but an old Fenwick that I am very fond off. I had it rewrapped old style thread with updated Titanium guides. The rod came out beautifully as I am sure he would have loved it. I may have to fish it at least once on the trip to give it some good LAB mojo before it goes to a new home.
I am also working on getting white leggars donated for both trips. Can not promise this yet but it is in the works through friend of mine who knew LAB. This will save us around 300 – 400 bucks that can go right to the family. My goal is to raise at least $3000 bucks during this event so I am asking for everyone to step up to the plate and give what you can as I am sure it will be greatly appreciated. Many of you who work at big corporate companies may want to ask your employer to match your donation as we will also list the companies name on the front page list. We are off to a great start so lets keep the momentum going.

Alex,

I will donate a pair of Costa Del Mar Sunglasses valued up to $279.00 from Eyes on First Ave. It would probably be best for the winner to come to the store to try on the glasses and pick out what they want versus me just picking out a pair. I can give you a gift certificate that says it is for a pair of Costa's if that would work. I can mail it to you or you could stop by the store to pick it up. Please let me know what works best for you.

Jamie
732 291 3937

Largest Authorized Prescription and Non Prescription Costa Del Mar Dealer in Monmouth County!
www.eyesonfirstave.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eyes-...388?ref=br_tf]
Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Jamie
Thank you so much for the kind offer. I was at the store yesterday as I was in the area and just wanted to stop bye and say hi. Unfortunately I stopped on your day off. I will send you a pm with my address so you can mail out to me. Once again thanks you for all you do for njfishing members and your community. You truly provide exceptional customer service to your clients that is greatly appreciated
Alex

Last edited by MVP; 11-06-2013 at 03:18 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 03:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

saw this way too late so please put me on standby.

" The Lake Louise Launcher "
Now Known As
Superscupman
Old 11-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Jamie
Thank you so much for the kind offer. I was at the store yesterday as I was in the area and just wanted to stop bye and say hi. Unfortunately I stopped on your day off. I will send you a pm with my address so you can mail out to me. Once again thanks you for all you do for njfishing members and your community. You truly provide exceptional customer service to your clients that is greatly appreciated
Alex
Wow!! Thanks for the donation Jamie.

Got to love the caring and generosity of this NJfishing community. AMAZING

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area

Last edited by Gerry Zagorski; 11-06-2013 at 05:21 PM..