NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

South wind to East wind! - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 09-21-2024, 10:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default South wind to East wind!

Most of the summer we had that pesky south wind chilling the ocean and giving the summer flounder lock jaw! Now it looks like weeks of east wind making ocean and bay fishing dicey to say the least. This has to have a big impact on the days out on the water and the amount of fish caught! Many Charter and Party boats will not be going out and losing business! Will that be taken into account with next years regulations! I would have to say NO! Just like the year before they overestimated the fluke caught by recreational fisherman by 40% but there was no change in our favor to what we can catch and keep. Fall is coming and I'm going to make the best of it but things are messed up for sure! Tight lines!

Last edited by Detour66; 09-21-2024 at 11:02 AM..
Old 09-21-2024, 11:23 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: South wind to East wind!

Of course the Govt won't take down time into account, that's a given.

East to me isn't the worst. Where we come out of, the North blow sucks and its right in your face. Probably the only wind I can't find a place to fish.

Scouted around this morning to see if anything was worth doing...........back home waiting for Ohio State/Marshall to start

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 09-21-2024, 12:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

NJ is blessed with dozens of salt/ tidal rivers, bays, large saltwater creeks and marshes that are full of fish this time of year... If I were still in NJ, and couldn't get out in the ocean for a week or more at a time, I'd fish the river and bays , picking out some nice lee areas.. Plenty of fish there this time of year on light tackle.. Lots of variety too.. Sept and October were my favorite months to fish in NJ, even when the wind blew, and I couldn't get outside the inlets.. used to catch tons of Kingfish,Blowfish, Tailor Blues, Porgies, and even some exotics this time of year.. I miss it. Yeah, its not ocean fishing, but its a blast with light tackle, and the fish are great to eat as well... bob
Old 09-21-2024, 01:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Next years regs are set already. Same as this year.
Old 09-21-2024, 04:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
If I were still in NJ, and couldn't get out in the ocean for a week or more at a time, I'd fish the river and bays , picking out some nice lee areas..
All depends on where you're sailing from. Alotta guys get locked to the dock just due to wind direction alone. Plenty of places to find outta the wind, but if ya can't even throw off the dock lines ur not fishing.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 09-22-2024, 04:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
All depends on where you're sailing from. Alotta guys get locked to the dock just due to wind direction alone. Plenty of places to find outta the wind, but if ya can't even throw off the dock lines ur not fishing.
I used to trailer my boat, so it wasn't a problem.. Could always find one place or another in monmouth/ocean to put in and fish in a lee.....Of course if its blowing steady 30+, you are correct, one is not going fishing in a boat.