NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

After Work Canoe Trip - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2022, 09:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default After Work Canoe Trip

Fresh off the heels fo the Delaware River float with the boys this past weekend, I was too tired/lazy to take the canoe off my truck. So instead I threw the trolling motor in the car and brought everything to work today. I hit the road from the office and started heading home; I pass Monks every time I commute to work and have only ever ice fished it, so today I figured I'd give it a try. Launched right around 6 and didn't stray too far from the ramp.

I've never done well ice fishing there, and have heard many refer to it as Skunksville, so I didn't have high hopes. It was a beautiful evening though, and I had a crappy day at the office so I was determined to make something happen.

Ended up sticking two decent LMB and a bluegill. I also tangled with a larger fish that I never saw that ended up popping off the hook after making a mad dash straight under my canoe. Took it out just before 8, a short but productive trip. Tight lines all!

(the water jug is to a counter weight for the front since me, the battery and the trolling motor weigh the back down quite a bit. works really well and you can fill/empty it at the ramp!)

Last edited by Hookmanski; 08-02-2022 at 09:54 PM..