NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Can't make this up x2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:04 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Can't make this up x2

So I normally spearfish Shark River Inlet. I had arrived early to the legal spearing time yesterday, so I sat on the rocks to take in the scenery. While sitting there I watched this boat with 3 POB grab onto the NE pilings. All three on board were young teens. I sat there watching for about 2-4 min trying to figure out what the stupidity was all about. Then I realized they were taking all of the snagged lures and hooks off the bridge pilings. Let me mention to tide was ebbing at this time in full force. Once it clicked in my head how dangerous this was I ran from the jetty rocks to the middle of the draw bridge to confront these youths. The pics are from right before I went over and confronted them. Not once did the bridge operator say anything to them nor did the completely packed beach/jetty on the north side say a word to them. What do you think? Maybe the bridge operators are not paying attention. Not only is this a safety hazard but Homeland Security threat "tying up to bridge pilings"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1633
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	101597  
Old 08-07-2016, 06:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Can't make this up x2

sooo.. These kids can afford to run what looks like a nice modern 20 or so foot CC fishing machine with maybe a 150, or 175 mounted on the stern, but need to dig rusty hooks, and perhaps a few corroded AVAS out of slimy pilings, in a hard current, in a restricted no mooring zone????.. makes perfect sense to me.... bob
Old 08-07-2016, 08:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So...I'll play devils advocate here.... Absolutely nothing that they are doing I wouldn't have done when I was there age back in the 70's. Only difference is its 2016 and cameras catch everything. Same kids....different world.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 08-07-2016, 10:31 PM
Banned

"Not only is this a safety hazard but Homeland Security threat "tying up to bridge pilings"

You've got to be kidding, Homeland Security threat? Gimme an effin break.
Heh, sure can't make this up x100
Old 08-08-2016, 07:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

DHS is too busy in aiding in the distribution of Syrian refugees & illegals from the southern border into red states around the country in order to influence future elections.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Banned

If I were one of those kids and you "confronted" me, I would laugh at you...

As an adult I think the fact that you confronted them is ridiculous. Do you really think a bomber, who has access to enough explosive to destroy that bridge.....is going to pick that bridge as a target??? Lmao. Get over yourself, Sheriff Mike.

Let kids be kids.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Banned

...." I ran from the jetty rocks to the middle of the draw bridge to confront these youths."

You asked, "What do you think?"

Mike.................get a life!
JMHO
Old 08-08-2016, 10:32 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Ditto.

I think they were eating a strip of bacon so we all knew they were OK.

Did they all look like terrorists. Be not politically correct and say NO.

This is post ludicrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
If I were one of those kids and you "confronted" me, I would laugh at you...

As an adult I think the fact that you confronted them is ridiculous. Do you really think a bomber, who has access to enough explosive to destroy that bridge.....is going to pick that bridge as a target??? Lmao. Get over yourself, Sheriff Mike.

Let kids be kids.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber

Last edited by Capt. Debbie; 08-08-2016 at 10:36 AM..
Old 08-08-2016, 10:38 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

WAIT.... So you're one of the guys with dive flag/buoys creating boater havoc trying to avoid you at Shark River Ocean Avenue bridge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJfishingMike View Post
So I normally spearfish Shark River Inlet. I had arrived early to the legal spearing time yesterday, so I sat on the rocks to take in the scenery. While sitting there I watched this boat with 3 POB grab onto the NE pilings. All three on board were young teens. I sat there watching for about 2-4 min trying to figure out what the stupidity was all about. Then I realized they were taking all of the snagged lures and hooks off the bridge pilings. Let me mention to tide was ebbing at this time in full force. Once it clicked in my head how dangerous this was I ran from the jetty rocks to the middle of the draw bridge to confront these youths. The pics are from right before I went over and confronted them. Not once did the bridge operator say anything to them nor did the completely packed beach/jetty on the north side say a word to them. What do you think? Maybe the bridge operators are not paying attention. Not only is this a safety hazard but Homeland Security threat "tying up to bridge pilings"
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 08-08-2016, 11:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Cool Re: Can't make this up x2

Hey you Kids!! Get off of my bridge !!