NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!" - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 04-28-2016, 08:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!"

Anybody want to help me with this! There's one person that came to mind as soon as I saw this post! If you have time please read! Andrew Still deserves an award and much more for his dedication and time spent on the Raritan River! His dedication and hard work are unmatchable! The man is the Raritan River! This river is his bloodline and his home!

Announcing a Call for Nominations for the

2016 Sustainable Raritan Awards

to be presented at the

8th Annual Sustainable Raritan River Conference

Do you know someone who deserves an award?

If you believe a person, organization or governmental group has gone above and beyond the call for a more Sustainable Raritan River, Basin or Bay we want to hear about them.

Award Categories:
Government Innovation Award
Leadership Award (individual)
Non-Profit Innovation Award
Public Access Award
Public Education Award
Remediation and Redevelopment Award
Stewardship Award
Sustainable Business Award
Each year at our Annual Conference, the Sustainable Raritan River Initiative gives awards to recognize outstanding achievements in efforts to revitalize our region, restore and protect our resources and promote our area as a premiere place to live, work and raise a family.

We are now accepting nominations for individuals, businesses, organizations, municipalities or counties that have helped make the Raritan region a better place to live and work. Make a nomination today by sending the following nomination information via email to the Awards Committee at raritan@ejb.rutgers.edu. Please include: (1) the nominee’s name and contact information; (2) a description of the activities that support your candidate for recognition; (3) photographs, articles or other media to support the nomination; and (4) contact information of person making the nomination.

Visit our website for more information about making a nomination and to read about prior year recipients.

Nomination Deadline
May 31, 2016

Email nomination information to
raritan@ejb.rutgers.edu

Conference Info
RU on the Raritan:
Exploring an agenda for Rutgers' stewardship of the Raritan River, basin and bay

on Friday, June 10, 2016
at the Douglass Student Center
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
100 George Street
New Brunswick, New Jersey

For more information
www.raritan.rutgers.edu or
Old 04-28-2016, 11:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!"

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i2NncpcC.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	95345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1063.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	95346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2377.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	95347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2581.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	95348   Click image for larger version

Name:	10872329_944898455537897_520734836_n.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	95349  

Old 04-29-2016, 02:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!"

Straight up!! Nice post Eddie, I probably wouldn't have heard about this otherwise.

Soo, having not been able to meet the infamous Andy Still yet, he's already made quite an honorable impression on me. Any person who can have such a positive impact on life; be it human, animal, fish, etc., and it's environs, as Andy has, definitely deserves the recognition earned!! If you're an avid reader of these threads you'll already know the piles, on piles, on piles of trash...and the stacks, on stacks, on stacks of tires...and all other miscellaneous debris that he's saved our wetlands, creeks, brooks, streams, rivers, bays, and ultimately the ocean from having to pay the price for. Speaking of price...I don't think he gets paid for this folks.
Not that I would dirty my own fishing spots prior to joining NJFishing, nor do I like sitting around/wading in garbage and pollution...but I definitely wasn't going to be cleaning up after other slobs I don't know! Andy specifically, (and crews he would roll with from time to time again), changed my outlook and motivated me to at least straighten my local spots up. I could only hope he's done the same for more of you anglers.

That being said, LETS GET THESE REPLIES GOING ANGLERS!!!

Again I tip my Steelers hat to you Andy and know that you have my vote. As far as your contact information for them, can you post it or just Pm me and anyone else who would like to place a ballot?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Please include: (1) the nominee’s name and contact information; (2) a description of the activities that support your candidate for recognition; (3) photographs, articles or other media to support the nomination; and (4) contact information of person making the nomination.
Andy, would you mind providing this information so that we could make the nomination?

Old 04-29-2016, 09:18 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post

Andy, would you mind providing this information so that we could make the nomination?

^^^+1 If you don't want to post your personal info(I don't blame you) maybe create a new gmail account or something for us to use. I believe Skype will also give you a number.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks again for all the time and effort put in to the clean up projects done by yourself and others!! Got my vote!
Old 04-29-2016, 11:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: AndyS is the "RARITAN RIVER!!!"

Andrew Still 7 Edward Ave. Middlesex NJ 08846.

Not a problem. I think the 3 years on the North Branch for me was the best. Looks sweet now, hope to hit the Lamington as well this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1149.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	95354  
Old 05-02-2016, 10:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just finished gathering pics and putting my vote in. Good luck Andy, we all know the Raritan wouldn't be wut it is now if it weren't for you.

And DAMN BRO!!! I know you've put work in work like crazy on the water and what not, but going through your pics is pretty impressive the amount of crap that you hauled. Kudos again man and good luck on these awards!!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Easily holds world record for most garbage pulled out raritan!! Got my vote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:56 AM
dakota560

Andy,

My boy and I had the pleasure of meeting one year on an off shore sea bass fishing trip on a non sponsor out of Barnegat maybe 5 years or so ago. Think the boat limited out in two hours, great trip short sleeve shirts in January! One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Recognition for all you've done for the environment is a GREAT thing so thanks to Fast Eddie and Esox Luciano and anyone else involved for shepherding this along.

Most people don't do what Andy has done, people who have do it out of respect for the world we live in and not the recognition. It's what makes guys like Andy and his team very special, there heart is in the right place and they're actions speak louder than words. Many people talk about it, few people actually do something about it.

Andy kudos to you for being nominated and recognized by the members of this site, there's no more deserving person! Congratulations and thanks for all your hard work! You've made a very positive difference in your life, the best any of us at the end of the day can hope to say!

Tom