NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

RV night report and some questions - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-02-2014, 10:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default RV night report and some questions

Quick report for RV.

Just a quick note it was my first trip to RV. I know I know fishing Farrington and never make it to RV is a sin so it was corrected last night.

Fished from around 730 pm to 11pm. Once again with large shiners and was throwing some spinners out there too.

Fished from the walkway by the boat ramp on both side using slip boblers and all I had to show for it is some poor catfish. Caught on the right side of the walkway. Left side was quiet dead. Had something chase the bait but pretty much left it alone.

Question is would the bottom rigs work better than a slip bobler? Not asking for anyones honey spots prefer to find them on my own problem is I just fish offshore. Any suggestions for the offshore rigs would be much appreciated as well as general advise.

Yours truly,

Andre.

"Bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work"
Old 10-02-2014, 11:00 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: RV night report and some questions

I usually fish a slip weight egg sinker of sorts to a swivel to the shiner usually pull a couple trout out or bass
Old 10-02-2014, 11:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: RV night report and some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaty View Post
I usually fish a slip weight egg sinker of sorts to a swivel to the shiner usually pull a couple trout out or bass
Thanks Matty. I figured that would be better put didn't prep the rodes and doing it at night was not fun. Not to mention I didn't expect to do so much rock climbing.

Andre