NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Bad gas - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 06-24-2013, 08:10 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Angry Bad gas

Want to trade winds marina filled up the boat made it out to the keansburg fishing pier and the boat died not a good start to the day waited two hours for tow boat us to take us back in. Had to get a new 6 gallon fuel take to salvage the day. Now the marina won't give us the money back for the bad fuel nice costumer service. I don't think I'll be keeping the boat there next year. 😞
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Bad gas

Why a new fuel tank? And did you add any additives to your fuel.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:02 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Well I found out today that there was salt water in the fuel. The tank on the boat is under the console. So we just got a 6 gallon tank to get out and do a little fishing. The marina is going to have someone clean my tank out. Also they have to get there tank drained about 500 gallons I was told dont know much more.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have the same ****ing problem... and I talked to the manager about the gas before filling up. Asked him since there was a new owner did they clean the tanks and he said the went through three full tankers already and there haven't been any problems.

Gave myself heatstroke today working on the boat and almost had to call 911... enjoying some infant pedialite as I type this.

I only have about 30 gallons but all my filters are bad now and Im pissed.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Re: Bad gas
I have the same ****ing problem... and I talked to the manager about the gas before filling up. Asked him since there was a new owner did they clean the tanks and he said the went through three full tankers already and there haven't been any problems.

Gave myself heatstroke today working on the boat and almost had to call 911... enjoying some infant pedialite as I type this.

I only have about 30 gallons but all my filters are bad now and Im pissed.

Well if you the green hose that's the tank that has the bad gas they call me back yesterday said they would pay for all my stuff that I had done to the boat. They have two tanks there the one tank with the black hose has bin good filled up 3 times this year from that tank and know problem there was another boat on Sunday that filled up his boat from both of there pumps and only the pump with the green hose was bad.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

yea... seems like your getting the better deal here.

There are 2 tanks and the second one had the issue. They don't think I got my fuel from that one but are doing the right thing and pumping out the gas for me as good will. I've never really had water issues but it went through my raycor and my icommand on the etec went nuts with " water in fuel" alerts.

I changed both filters ($50) and was testing the boat today on a topside portable... She was running strong so I got lucky and don't think an injector went.

I do like the Marina and the people more then Lentz and for a no frills fishing marina can't beat the price. Lentz gave me shit last year and from the looks of it, is half empty.

The owner did tell me that they have been getting a better grade of gas and that tank one has no issue s.... from what I read, sometimes if the delivery is at the bottom of the tanker there is more of a chance of water infiltration. who knows.

hopefully we both get out fishing soon... I'll be down Friday am for the pump out.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Good luck with everything. Yes it is a nice marina everyone there is very helpful I was at atlantic highlands last year and with the late start there had to find a new spot and I'm from Philly so we have a long ride to do some fishing.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Is Tradewinds the old raritan bay marina? Inside the flood gate?

Art

Just wanted to know, cause I had issues with fuel when I kept my boat there. The guy there insisted it wasn't his fuel tanks but it absolutely was.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Yes that is the place
Old 07-07-2013, 11:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

i stopped up last saturday on my way to keyport put 250 of plus in the boat , from bp station boat ran beautiful for first couple days , then stopped put another 150 of valvtech fuel from a marina , went out yestarday and boat started stalling and sputtering , pulled it out checked filters i found in my first filter (water/fuel seperator) dirt , solder chunks, and no water , yellow dirty fuel, the second filter yellow cloudy and very little dirt, the fuel pump screen drained that and it had the fuel mixed with oil and some water droplets no dirt , clear fuel mix other than the water , where would the solder chunks come from ??...fuel station ? aluminum tank? it puzzles me